Privacy and Data Policy
Data Protection and Privacy Statement
Customer contact information would normally only be received in store.
This website does not collect customer data.
As you may be aware, the General Data Protection and Privacy Regulation 2016 (GDPR)
will come into force from 25th May 2018.
If you are already a customer, you are invited to consent to your data being retained on the database. The nature of the data and the reasons and uses of the information about you are set out below in the statement.
Please opt-in, so that information about you on our computer database is retained with your consent.
(If you would like further information, or opt out of your data being retained on computer please contact me)
The new regulation expects that organisations handle information held responsibly with consent.
Additionally, explaining why the data is retained and how it may be used and, on rare ocasions, shared.
Mark Ireland Pianos may collect and retain some of the following data:
(The data may exisit in electronic and paper form)
- Name, address, contact phone numbers and in some cases, email addresses.
- Your product purchased information.
- Paper receipts of in-store card machine payments. (For new customers, card data is not printed or stored.)
(In –store card printed payment receipts of payments since February 2018 do not now show any card data.)
(I am fully PCI compliant- the world wide organisation committed to protecting card payment systems.)
Other points to note:
- Your card payment details are not stored electronically, or collected on any website.
- New, (in-store only) card machine payment information is not stored, (as of February 2018.)
- Paper receipts exist of all customer sales, with contact address/phone/email information only.
(Even on paper receipts from the card terminal)
The reasons your data may have been retained are:
- To enable delivery arrangements;
(Details may be passed to delivery firms, only with your verbal permission.)
- To assist brand suppliers in product warranty claims,
(Details may be passed to our suppliers only with your verbal permission).
- Usual reasons for business accounting records.
- To notify you of promotional events
- There are no other sensitive personal details retained.
The lists above explain the extent of the information held about you.